Saturday, June 12, 2010

12 June 2010 - Andrew's 6th Birthday Party

My mom and I were chatting last night and saying how happy we are that Andrew did not get chicken pox from Michael and I said that I am excited for the party happening today. I had spent the evening sorting everything out in anticipation of the 20 kids coming to the party and had baked and iced an enormous soccer-field birthday cake for my big boy's big day.

Andrew went to bed at around 8pm and at about 9pm started with a cough. Ed checked on him and told me that he had a fever of 39 degrees - not good news. I gave him some meds for the fever and then went to finish up some stuff. When I got into bed about 30 minutes later something told me to check his back and there it was - a damn spot! I could honestly not believe it! Chicken pox has hit my house again and at the MOST inappropriate time too.

This morning I had to phone 20 mommies (and daddies) and let them know that I have a little contagious boy in the house and that they need to make a decision as to if they still wanted to come to the party. We ended up with 7 kids and my two, so less than half and the biggest cake ever to eat :).

So the party still happened, just on a far smaller scale, and it seems that Andrew had a blast anyway - he did miss his friends though, I think I need to arrange a play-date or two so that he can see them a bit.

My brother, Robert, was also still around (he is visiting for just over a week) and he went full-out with the soccer theme setting up a mini soccer field on my lawn with goals and all. I honestly don't know who had more fun playing soccer, him or the kids! Thanks Robs - that was so lovely of you to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, how awesome is that cake!